Create an Abundant, Edible Landscape
May 16-17, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Becky's Mindful Kitchen
2247 Sugar Bottom Rd, Iowa City
Cost: $90 - $170 (sliding scale) Maximum of 10 participants.
Through a fun weekend of hands-on activities, participants of any gardening level will learn how to create an edible landscape through the step-by-step design of a wooded landscape.
Topics and activities
• Introduction to permaculture
• Outdoor room design
• Discouraging deer and rabbits
• Water management for self-watering landscapes
• Wildlife habitat creation
• Growing food in shade
• Designing self-supporting plant groupings
• Implementation strategies to save money and time
• Top edible plants
• Garden bed preparation techniques
• Field trips to established food forests
Cooking Bonus: Throughout the weekend, Becky will share delicious snacks while describing simple tips to prepare food harvested from your landscape.
Learn more and register: http://www.backyardabundance.org/ClassesEvents/Calendar/tabid/65/vw/3/ItemID/660/d/20150516/Default.aspx